Monday, February 6, 2017

DIY 2 Ingredient Face Scrub

This is something I've actually ive actually been doing for a few years now, and I'm surprised I haven't blogged about it once! Possibly the easiest, and cheapest facial scrub you could do yourself, this wonderful scrub only uses 2 ingredients which you (should) already have at home!

Things you'll need:
- your every day face wash.
- baking soda.
(Yes, that's all!)

So, what I like to do is simply wet my face with warm water. I like to use a wet wash cloth and let it sit on my face for a minute to open my pores and soften the skin a bit, making it easier to slough off those dead skin cells!
Then I take a little bit of baking soda, maybe a teaspoon or so. (Start off with a little in case you have sensitive skin, add more if needed.) to that, add your face wash. I use a basic cleanser for this..nothing too strong or anything with a ton of acne fighting ingredients or anything. Also add a little bit of water. Mix it all up right in the palm of your hand.
Now, simply apply it to your face all over and gently scrub in circular motions around your face. Careful not to rub too hard, the small gritty texture of the baking soda does a great job at exfoliating without the need to really scrub. You can let it sit for a few minutes if you want, but I like to wash it off right away. (Baking soda is a chemical, and for some people it could dry out your skin, so try it in a small spot first if you're worried.) you'll notice as you're rinsing it might feel like you're not able to wash all of the baking soda off. It that bothers you just add a drop of cleanser to help get the little residue off. ;)
Your face will look and feel amazingly polished, smooth, and soft afterwards! I always follow up with a good moisturizer after. And my skin feels amazing all week! My skin can totally handle this once a week, but those of you with sensitive skin might want to do it less often.

What is your favorite facial scrub? Do you like to make your own or is store bought more your style? Let me know! I'm always looking to try new scrubs! ;)

Have a beautiful day!
Stay humble & kind.
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment