Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Ulta Super Blender Sponge Review

Im sure by now you all have heard about the Beauty Blender. And Im sure you know that they are pretty expensive.
For those who dont know what the beauty blender is..
Basically, its an egg shaped sponge designed by a top Hollywood makeup artist. It is made from latex-free and non-allergenic material. It has a pointed end to get around nose and eyes, and a rounder end for the rest of the face. Its a sponge with super tiny holes, you can use it wet or dry, and it applies makeup a million times better than fingers, brushes, or those disposable sponges. Everyone has been ranting and raving about them for a while now. They cost about $20 for one, without cleanser.
I personally have never used one. Ive been wanting to check them out for a while now, but have been skeptical to spend $20+ for the sponge and cleanser. I almost caved, but decided to check out some other products first. So I cant really give you a review on them, but you can find reviews for them all over the internet!

While browsing Ulta, however, I came across a product extremely similar! This is the Super Blender Sponge.
It looks a lot like the Beauty blender, but its got a more ergonomic design, instead of being egg-shaped, it has a little indent that fits perfectly in your hand. Its made from what looks like the same material. Some of the reviews on the site said it was rough on their skin and that it was a disposable sponge. But I find it to be very soft and spongey, and not rough at all! not even for sensitive skin. And I see nowhere written that its disposable, actually the site says to reuse wash with mild soap. So its actually reusable! And the amazing thing is you can get it at Ulta for only $5! Thats 1/4 of the price of the beauty blender!

While I still want to check out the beauty blender (and when I do I will definitely update this and let you know if its any more similar or not!) Im sure I will be using the cheaper alternative!

Also, I wanted to add that you can find similar products for even cheaper on Amazon and such sites, but I wouldnt fall for that, because on Amazon you never know what youre ordering! You could be buying something made from a material that is harmful to your skin. It may only cost $1 but you could be doing a lot of harm to yourself and your skin! So I would definitely stick to a product like the Ulta Super Blender Sponge, because you know you can trust a store like ulta to make products safe for your skin!

So for those wanting to check out the Beauty Blender, but not wanting to fork out a whole lot of money, I definitely suggest trying out the Ulta Super Blender Sponge first!

The products in this review were not provided to me for the purpose of writing a review, I purchased this product myself. No monetary exchange occurred in exchange for the writing of the review. The views expressed in this review are strictly my own opinions. All reviews provided here are the work of myself and remain completely unbiased. I own copyright to all content on this page, unless otherwise stated. 

No comments:

Post a Comment