Saturday, July 30, 2016

Weekly Manicure!

I've been obsessed with nails again recently. I have a new desire to learn all sorts of nail techniques and trends. For a few years now I would spend every Sunday doing my nails. For a few months that stopped. But now I'm back in it full force. All I can seem to watch is nail videos on YouTube. And in my head I just keep saying that's easy, I can do that! (So don't be surprised if you see a lot more nail related posts!)

This weeks manicure features a brand is never really heard of before as well as a polish that might surprise you!

I went for a more oval shape, rather than my normal square (or squoval) shape. I've really been wanting to try stiletto or almond shaped nails recently, so this is kind of getting me closer to that look, just shorter. 😋


The color in my nails this week is 'Serene' by a brand called LVX. This is the brand that I had never heard of, but I'm loving it so far! The color isn't something I would normally choose for myself, but last week I used a deep red shade by China Glaze that seemed too dark for the summer. So this light, almost pastel, color was a much better fit. And to be honest, I actually really like my nails this week!


LVX uses a 7 free formula, is cruelty free, and vegan. This color is creamy and goes on smooth with a sort of gel like finish. I ended up doing 3 coats, which is the only thing I really didn't like, to make sure it was as even as possible. 


Next I added an accenting holographic glitter top coat to a few nails. I've been doing this new thing where instead of just accenting my thumb and ring finger, I do pointer and pinky on one hand and thumb, middle, and ring on the other. I really like it! So this nail polish is a brand called Color Craze by LA Colors. And believe it or not..its from the dolor store.

Flash back to my very first post on this blog 5 years ago.. That post actually featured this brand of nail polishes! Now I admit these aren't the best polishes you'll ever use. But they're really good for what they are..dollar store polishes. ☺️


So I topped it all off with my current favorite top coat, CND Vinylux Weekly Top Coat. They say it's to be used only with CND Weekly Polish because the two work together to create a strong bond that lasts. But I've been using this top coat for a few months with other brands and I love how smooth and glossy it is. It has a wide flat brush which I find really helps get a nice even application with as few strokes as possible. It dries pretty quickly and keeps your mani looking great for days! 




No comments:

Post a Comment