Thursday, January 19, 2012

Green Tea

Everybody knows how good green tea is for your body. It has natural antioxidants, has been proven to help burn calories, and well, it tastes pretty good too. But what many, including me up until about a week ago, dont know..is its good for your skin too!
I recently tried to St Ives Naturally Clear Green Tea collection. Its four new products:
Body Wash, Body Scrub, Facial Cleanser, and Facial Scrub.

These products with skin-soothing green tea, gently fight blemishes and reduces redness & irritation caused by acne.
They are all
-Oil Free
-Dermatologist Tested
-Hypoallergenic
-Non-Comedogenic
-Not Tested on Animals
-Do not contain animal ingredients
-Formulated without Parabens and Phthalates

If you guys are frequent readers of mine, you might know that I have very stubborn, problematic skin. Ive had super oily, acne prone skin basically all my life. Ive tried so many different cleansers and products that say theyre made for oily skin, but I still have had so much trouble finding products that really work for my skin.

Well, Ive only been using the Green Tea Scrub for about four or so days now, and I can already see a major difference. Ive tried the St. Ives Apricot Scrub before, and I know it works really well for a lot of people, but it never worked that great for me. I love facial scrubs, so I was all for trying this new product. (plus I am always looking for new natural products) So I received the whole Green Tea line, and have been trying out the products for a few days now. I wanted to try each product for a week each, but I have absolutely fallen in love with the scrub, and HAVE to share it with you!

So, the facial scrub is nothing like the apricot scrub, if youve ever tried it, it has more of a coarse grainy texture, as for the green tea one, its more like soft sand and its, for me, a lot more gentle on the skin.
I normally use my Clarisonic brush with a normal cleanser, but since this is a scrub, the brush with the scrub would probably be too harsh, and irritate my skin. So Ive just been using the scrub on my hands or a wash cloth using circular motions.
As soon as I rinsed the first time, I knew this was going to be a new favorite of mine. It immediately left my skin feeling softer, smoother, and cleaner than almost any facial cleanser Ive used in the past.
It leaves my skin feeling so soft and oil free through out the day, most cleansers only working for a few hours. I noticed my pores looking smaller, and having less black heads and blemishes. Something Ive been trying to do with so many products for so long now.

You would think a product like this would be more on the expensive side, but like all St Ives products its soo reasonably priced, about $5 at most places.
Just another reason I LOVE this product!

As for the rest of the products though, I honestly havent used them enough to give my honest opinion on them, but Im sure, if I love this one as much as I do, the others will be just as great! But Look forward to my review on them in the next week or two. :)

You can find out more about these and other great St Ives products at StIves.com.
You can find St Ives products at your local Wal-Mart, Target, and most drug stores or grocery stores.

The product in this review was provided to me for the purpose of writing a review. This in no way effects the quality of the review provided. No monetary exchange occurred in exchange for the writing of the review. The views expressed in this review are strictly my own opinions. All reviews provided here are the work of myself and remain completely unbiased.

No comments:

Post a Comment