Friday, October 12, 2012

My experience with ProActive

Ive struggled with my skin for years. Ive tried so many things. Ive even gotten stuff from my doctor. Nothing ever seemed to work to clear up my skin, without over drying. Ive heard some really great things about proactive, all the commercials, although probably scripted, say when nothing else worked for them proactive did. 

So I saw the Walmart brand proactive for about half the advertised price. I did a little research on it, seeing if it was basically the same thing. Everything I found said it was the same ingredients, and everyone who used proactive said this stuff worked exactly the same. So I figured Id give it a try.

Initially, I loved how soft and smooth my face felt after using it. I was using all three steps morning and night. 

Now I have oily skin, mostly on my nose and forehead, and slightly on my cheekbone area. I tend to get breakouts around my jaw line. I have large pores mostly on my nose and cheekbone area. 
Like I said, Ive tried many many things, and while Ive somewhat controlled it, with a combination of products, its never gone completely away.

After a day or two, I noticed my face seemed to be getting oily again much faster than normal. Usually I can go most of the day after washing my face before it starts to get noticeably oily.
Another day or two, and I start noticing little bumps coming in on my forehead. Not zits or blemishes or anything, just bumps.

My best friend actually told me a few weeks before that she tried something from proactive and she started getting the same bumps on her forehead.

I also noticed anywhere that had blemishes before had become very very sensitive and tender to the touch. 

I didnt notice any drying out anywhere. I didnt notice really any improvement in blemishes or break outs. The only thing I noticed using this was increased oiliness and little breakout bumps on my forehead.

This is just MY experience with ProActive, or the off brand, Im not saying it doesnt work for anyone. Im sure there are people who it works great on. Im just not one of them.
Please feel free to share your experiences with proactive, or any skin care products that either worked or didnt work for you.


The product in this review was not provided to me for the purpose of writing a review. I purchased this product for my own personal use. I am simply sharing my experience with it. No monetary exchange occurred in exchange for the writing of the review. The views expressed in this review are strictly my own opinions. All reviews provided here are the work of myself and remain completely unbiased.

No comments:

Post a Comment