Thursday, October 18, 2012

No More Nude!

Since I really havent been posting lately, and Im sitting here on the computer, I decided to do a quick "Look of the Day" post :)
Today is honestly the first day Ive done my makeup in like two weeks. My skin has been very sensitive lately, and has been breaking out so easily, so Ive just been giving it a break.

Ive been in a nude rut lately, doing a subtle eye, subtle lip, subtle cheek, everything. Ive been using light browns on my eyes, with just a bit of mascara, and calling it a day.
Well, I got bored with that; and decided to put some color on my eyes!
I know its nothing crazy, but its a big change from the usual.

How I got the look:
What I used:

How to Do It:

  • Apply Primer, then foundation, then powder.
  • Apply bronzer under cheekbone, and slightly up around sides of face. This will create the illusion of a more slender face, if your face is rounder. (you can also apply a little under your jawline and down the sides of your neck to elongate your neck and reduce the look of a double chin)
  • Apply blush to apples of your cheeks and slightly curved up your cheekbones.
  • Take a little bit of 'virgin' from the naked palette for a little highlight just above your cheekbone.
Now for the eyes :)
  • I took a little bit of my black liner, applied it to the outer corner of my eye and slightly inward across my lash line. Then took a smudger brush and softened it out.
  • Then took some 'creep' and applies it on the outer corner of my eye.
  • Then I took 'gunmetal' and softened up the edges a little bit, blended over towards the middle of my lid, and blended it slightly in my crease.
  • Then I look 'virgin' again and applied it the the inner corner of my eye and on my brow bone.
Make sure you blend them all together really well, or youll have stripy eyeshadow
  • Then I took my liner again and applied it to my water line and used my smudger brush again to soften it up along my lower lash line.
  • And with a small brush I softly applied 'gunmetal' under my eyes.
  • Then of course curled my lashes and applied a layer of LashGasm, then a layer of Theyre Real mascara.
  • I then finished it off by defining my browns with an angled brush and 'naked' shadow.
I know it looks like a lot of steps, but I promise you its really pretty quick and easy.

(I also curled my hair with the T3 Single Pass Whirl, click here for review. Let me know if you guys want a how-to on that!)

No comments:

Post a Comment