Friday, March 22, 2013

L'oreal EverSleek Review

Im always looking for really good quality drug store brands. Especially hair care products. So I like to try new ones often. Theres been som really good, some alright, and veryy often the downright bad!
Some of my favorite drug store brands are Garnier Fructis, a few products from Pantene, and John Frieda.

Today I tried a new product I expected to really like. And that is

L'oreal EverSleek - Sulfate Free Smoothing System.

In the eversleek line, I think, there are 11 products. Two different kinds of shampoo and conditioner, deep conditioner, leave-in creme, super sleek intense serum, finishing creme, frizz taming serum, and precision oil treatment.
(I could be wrong about this, Im going off what I see on the L'oreal website, which is a little weird to look at the product line)
I tried the Intense Smoothing Shampoo, Conditioner, and Humidity Defying Leave-In Creme.

Shampoo.

When I tried used this shampoo, I really didnt even feel like it was cleaning my hair. I had hardly any product in my hair, nothing that causes build up. But this shampoo felt like I was washing out hairspray, and it wasnt doing a good job. It left my hair feeling kind of dry after rinsing. NOT a shampoo I would buy again.
I think the shampoo costs around $7. 

Conditioner.

This conditioner was really thick, it felt like it wasnt going to do much for my hair, especially after what I saw with the shampoo. However, I actually liked the way my hair felt after I rinsed. I left it on for a few minutes while I washed my body, probably 2-3 min. It rinsed pretty clean and my hair felt pretty soft after. I might buy this conditioner again.
The conditioner costs the same as the shampoo, around $7.

Leave-In Creme.

As I was putting this on my towel dried hair, I thought I was going to love it. It felt pretty smooth, not sticky, not oil. I ran it through the ends of my hair and up the length of my hair a little, but didnt apply much to the roots of my hair. I brushed it through and started blow drying my hair. It felt like it was taking a little long to blow dry, normally my hair dries pretty quick with my Sedu Revolution 4000i. I put the blow dryer and brush down for a minute and was absolutely disgusted with what I found. I ran my fingers through my hair and felt greasy, built up just gross feeling hair. It felt like I applied a million products to my hair and didnt wash it for a week. Im not even exaggerating. This stuff made my hair feel so disgusting. I literally had to go wash my hair again! I will NEVER buy this product again!
The leave in creme costs $9.

If I had to rate the line based on the products I tried I would rate it a 2 out of 5. And thats only because the conditioner I tried was pretty good, the price isnt bad on some of the products, and theres about 8 other products in the line I didnt try. 

The products in this review were not provided to me for the purpose of writing a review. No monetary exchange occurred in exchange for the writing of the review. The views expressed in this review are strictly my own opinions. All reviews provided here are the work of myself and remain completely unbiased.

No comments:

Post a Comment