Friday, November 21, 2014

Laura Geller Review Pt. 2: Color Enriched Anti-Aging Lipstick

The next new Laura Geller product I tried was the Color Enriched Anti-Aging Lipstick. Now, Im not a big lipstick person, I prefer to use lip tints or lip stains with a gloss on top. I also tend to use nudes or nudey pinks. But I like to try new things, so I gave this lipstick a fair shot. I got the shade Tiger Lily, a creamy coral flame, which is currently sold out on their site so it must be a popular shade.
At first I thought, what the hell is an anti-aging lipstick? What makes it anti-aging and why would I need this? Then I read a little about it..it is "fortified with Resveratrol and Hyaluronic Filling Spheres that smooth the appearance of fine lines, making lips appear more voluptuous and youthful-looking." Now, thats not necessarily something I need just yet, but I still thought it was a pretty cool thing. You often hear about "lip plumping" glosses, but I havent ever seen a lipstick with those properties. (at least that I know of) So if youre someone who is starting to see those signs of aging and feel you need a little Resveratrol and Hyaluronic Filling Spheres, this is probably a great product for you!

The shade Tiger Lily isnt really a color I would typically use, I dont think anything other than nude tones and nudey pinks look right on me. But, like I said, I like give everything equal opportunity. I first swatched it on my hand, and I think the color is gorgeous, but I still wasnt sure it would look too good on me. So I went ahead and tried it on my lips, and the color is still gorgeous, but its still a little too much for me.
(yes I know I have weird things through my lip, if you have any rude comments about them please keep them to yourself!)

The lipstick had a pretty creamy formula, and it felt really nice going on. They claim that this product has a wine scent, but I didnt really smell anything at all. The one thing I noticed that I didnt like though was that it wasnt super pigmented like others Ive seen from competitor brands. Ive even seen some drug store lipsticks with similar color payoff.

This lipstick goes for around $21.00 for 0.14 oz/4 g
Ive compared that to another lipstick I own from Rimmel which is $5.49 for 0.14 oz/4 g and a Make lipstick which is $25 for 0.12 oz/3.4 g. Rimmel is the exact same amount of product for less than 1/3 of the price, but Rimmel is of course a drug store brand, and isnt as high quality of a product as Laura Geller. But, I must add, this lipstick has a pleasant sweet scent, that I could actually smell. I also compared it to another high end brand lipstick. The Make lipstick is a little bit less product for just a few dollars more. I find that the Laura Geller lipstick feels the most creamy, but is the least pigmented. I actually think the Rimmel was the most pigmented out of the 3 I compared, which was surprising to me.
(It is really hard to take a picture of lipstick swatches that show off the color without glaring, sorry!)
So, in my opinion, if you are looking for a lipstick that will fill out fine lines and plump your lips up a little, this is probably a good product for you. I know I will definitely be going to Ulta to check out a couple of the other shades it comes in. Also, none of the other lipsticks are "anti-aging."

I would love to hear your thoughts on this and any other Laura Geller products you may have tried. So feel free to share in the comments below!

See also: Part 1: Blush-n-Brighten Baked Blush, Part 3: Color Drenched Lip Gloss, Part 4: GlamLASH Dramatic Volumizing Mascara.

No comments:

Post a Comment