Friday, November 21, 2014

Laura Geller Review Pt. 1: Blush-n-Brighten Baked Blush

I recently got a few Laura Geller products I was pretty excited to try.. Ive tried a couple products in the past that I wasnt blown away by, but Im a big believer in second chances. (which isnt always a good thing!)

So this first product I actually have tried before in the past. That products is the Blush-n-Brighten Baked Blush. I looove baked products. Everything from foundation and bronzer to blush and eyeshadow. I think baked products are amazing and super versatile. I love the fact that they can be used both wet or dry!
I really liked the product itself, but the shade that I used in the past was too plummy and shimmery for my skintone, which is why I think I didnt like it. I believe the shade was called Apricot Berry, and I dont think they sell it anymore. But this time I got the shade "Boysenberry" Which, to be honest, I thought it sounded like a shade I wouldnt like. However, it actually happens to be a beautiful matte peachy-pink shade that looks wonderful on my skin! The formula is really soft and silky, it blends beautifully and adds a great, natural color to your face.

A few things I love about this blush in particular..first of all, its hand made in Italy. How cool is that?! It starts out as a cream and is baked for 24 hours on a terracotta tile, then it is hand finished. I find that fascinating, this product is a craft, and I really admire that! I also really love that it is Paraben-free and has "skin loving antioxidants Centella Asiatica and White Tea Extracts." That is definitely something I love to see in a product I am putting on my skin.
This blush goes for around $27.50 for 0.176 oz/5 g
Ive compared that to another baked blush I own from Palladio which is $7 for 0.009 oz/2.5 g and a Benefit box blush which is $28 for 0.28 oz/8 g. Palladio is half as much product for less than 1/3 of the price, but Palladio is more of a drug store brand, and isnt as high quality of a product as Laura Geller. Which is why I also compared it to my Benefit blush. (I dont own any other baked blushes to compare it to.) The Benefit blush is a little bit more product for just $.50 more.
That being said, I dont think its too pricey for the amount of product you get when you look at the quality of the product and the fact that its hand made. You are always going to pay more money for better products.

Also, I almost forgot to add, how cute is that box packaging?! I love the kind of sophisticated look of the box, but the fun little pop of pink around the sides. It also has fuyn colorful lips all over the inside. Adorable. Another thing to note is the product packaging itself. I love when products have clear plastic tops so you can see youre grabbing the right shade and you dont have to search for a name or open five different things until you find the one youre looking for. This has half clear half black, and on the inside it has a little mirror on the black half which is so helpful if you like to carry makeup with you for touch-ups throughout the day.

So, final thoughts: I think this is a beautiful blush and this particular shade looks great on my skin. I can easily see this becoming one of those products I grab every day and go out and buy again as soon as I run out of it.

I would love to hear your thoughts on this and any other Laura Geller products you may have tried. So feel free to share in the comments below!

See also: Part 2: Color Enriched Anti-Aging Lipstick, Part 3: Color Drenched Lip Gloss, Part 4: GlamLASH Dramatic Volumizing Mascara.

No comments:

Post a Comment