Friday, November 21, 2014

Laura Geller Review Pt. 4: GlamLASH Dramatic Volumizing Mascara.

I am a huge mascara fan. I love trying all kinds of new mascaras. It was kind of surprising to me that I had never tried any mascaras from Laura Geller. So of course, I was super excited to try the GlamLASH Dramatic Volumizing Mascara.
Usually volumizing mascaras tend to have big fluffy brushes, so I was surprised to see this one used shorter bristles. But the cool thing about this brush is it has longer and shorter bristles. (but still not big and fluffy like Im used to seeing) The different lengths of the bristles are supposed to help separate, thicken and lengthen you lashes for "Starlet-worthy lashes."

This mascara is only available in black. Which I think is interesting, but kind of cool. Nothing is worse than going to the store to pick up a new mascara and getting home to find you grabbed blackened brown or just plain black rather than blackest black or jet black or whatever silly name they come up with for their black mascaras. I like the simple, no fuss black.

A lot of the time thickening or volumizing mascaras can kind of clump up and make you look like you have 5 thick Spongebob lashes rather than beautiful thick, full lashes. But this one really did separate and give me beautiful lashes. I did start to see more clumping once I got to 3 coats, however.
 1 Coat.
 2 Coats.
3 Coats plus eyeliner.

I never really put more than 2 coats of mascara on, but I know a lot of people do, so I wanted to show how it looks with 3. Personally, I think it looks amazing with even just one coat. Very natural but really beautiful. I was blessed with naturally pretty long lashes, so this mascara might look a little different on you, but I still think it will look great!
This mascara goes for around $24.00 for 0.28 fl oz/8 g (theres no ml on this tube)
Ive compared that to two of my favorite mascaras. Revlon Grow Luscious, which is $8.49 for 0.38 fl oz/8 ml and Too Faced Lash Gasm which is $21 for 0.4 fl oz/12 ml. The Revlon mascara has a very different brush, its much bigger and fluffier, but gives kind of similar results. It is a touch softer, but if you apply another layer or two you get much closer results. It is almost the same amount of product for over twice the price. The Too Faced mascara is just a little cheaper, and gives you a little more product. And again, the brush is different. This time the brush is smaller and stiffer. This mascara gives you long, beautiful, separated lashes. But it lacks in a little when it comes to volumizing.

The Laura Geller mascara to me is a really great product, but I hate to spend a lot of money on mascaras, especially because I tend to go through them so quickly. If it was a little cheaper I would definitely buy it..probably all the time, but because it is kind of pricey and I can achieve a similar look for much less I will probably only repurchase this product when I want to splurge and spoil myself a little.

I would love to hear your thoughts on this and any other Laura Geller products you may have tried. So feel free to share in the comments below!

See also: Part 1: Blush-n-Brighten Baked Blush, Part 2: Color Enriched Anti-Aging Lipstick, Part. 3: Color Drenched Lip Gloss


No comments:

Post a Comment